NAMI Main Line PA, an affiliate of National Alliance on Mental Illness, is looking for dedicated volunteers who can help us with our education, outreach and advocacy. We especially welcome those of you who can take on projects and carry them out relatively independently.
You may be able to help as a speaker or with administrative work or you can contribute to the work of one of our committees. We are most in need of volunteers for our:
- Community Outreach Committee (focuses on educating the community about issues related to mental health and about NAMI’s mental health resources; recruits, trains and provides speakers to colleges and universities, medical, nursing and other health schools, health fairs, faith-based organizations, and other community organizations; plans social events for affiliate members and volunteers)
- Corporate Outreach Committee (reach out to local employers to help them highlight the importance of mental health and to support corporate well-being programs)
- Electronic Communications Committee (electronic outreach, including Weekly Updates, website, social media campaigns, etc.)
- Advocacy Committee (advocacy with legislators and policymakers). If you would like to be involved with advocacy, but would prefer not to join a committee, please sign up for Advocacy Alerts or join our affiliate to receive these advocacy alerts and other electronic communications (https://namimainlinepa.org/
- Walk Committee (planning and organizing our annual walk to raise awareness and funds)
To volunteer, please complete our volunteer application. For additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.