NAMI PA, Main Line, an affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is seeking a qualified and experienced independent contractor to help us plan and execute our 5th annual walk on Saturday, October 19, 2019 in Ardmore, PA. Our walks are a major source of funding for our work and also a major outreach effort to raise awareness. Our fifth annual Main Line NAMI on the Move – Stepping out for Mental Health Awareness Walk will be a family-friendly community event featuring a short inspirational program, a Mental Health Resources Fair, and refreshments and entertainment. This independent contractor position will also include assisting with other aspects of development and with administrative tasks, as described below.
- Organize annual walk and other fundraising events (includes working with walk committee under direction of walk director, manage walk website, connect with donors, work with volunteers, etc.)
- Collaborate with Affiliate Coordinator on communications and development
- Attend meetings of Walk and Development Committees, and other NAMI committees as appropriate
- As possible, work with the Development Committee to develop and implement a plan that includes fundraising strategies, priorities and timelines.
- Assist affiliate coordinator in various administrative tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of experience in event management, marketing and/or fundraising
- Currently budgeted at 700-1000 hours for 2019, with a disproportionate number of hours being required during the walk planning and execution
- Requires occasional evening and weekend work – otherwise work hours are flexible
- Applicant must live in or near Main Line in the Philadelphia metropolitan area