Please Join or Renew Your Membership
Dear Friends and Supports of NAMI Main Line PA,
One in five residents of the Main Line lives with a mental illness. NAMI Main Line PA offers life-changing free education and support for people who have mental illness and those who support them. The recent public health crisis has caused a substantial increase in anxiety, depression, and other mental health challenges.
To meet this increased need, while preserving the health of our members, NAMI Main Line PA now offers all of its support groups online. We have also added new twice weekly online wellness chats where participants can offer support to each other and share ideas for coping during this difficult time.
In honor of Mental Health month this May, we are asking you to become a member of our team by joining NAMI Main Line PA or renewing your membership. Together we can offer hope for a better future to the many people in our local community who are living with mental illness and their families. Everything we offer is free to the public and made possible through charitable contributions and volunteer efforts. Your generosity will fund:
- the NAMI Family-to-Family Education and Support Program
- three support groups for family members and a peer support group for adults living with mental illness
- individualized information and support
- outreach to the Main Line community via educational programs for the public and presentations at schools, universities, and places of worship
- outreach to the wider community via social media and via our website, which provides a wealth of information on our activities, mental illness, and resources for coping and recovery
Last year our free services reached over 1000 people in person and 7000 through electronic communications. (For more information about our accomplishments in 2019, click here.) Pleasejoin or renew your membership today, so we can continue this much-needed work. During this period of uncertainty and stress for all of us, maintaining our commitment to support and hope is more important than ever.
We sincerely thank you for your consideration and support,
Ingrid Waldron, Board President
Kristine Songster, Affiliate Coordinator
PS: We recognize that some families have limited financial resources, especially now, so we want to remind you that an Open Door membership is available for $5-$39. A membership renewal adds 12 months to the end of your current membership term.