Online Guides to Resources 

A. Guides to Publicly Funded Mental Health Services

Bucks County

– Department of Mental Health/Developmental Programs (

– Magellan Member Handbook ( or for Spanish language version


Delaware County

– for adults (; see the index at the end)

– for children (

– Magellan Member Handbook ( or for Spanish language version


Chester County

–general introduction to mental health services (

– introduction to services for adults (

–searchable service directory  (; for children (


Montgomery County

–Mental/Behavioral Health System Overview (

– Roadmap to Recovery – Adult Mental Health Services Guide, which provides much more complete information ( )

– some services for teens and young adults (

– Community-based Supports and Services for families and children (  or

– Magellan Member Handbook ( or for Spanish language version


Philadelphia County

– Community Behavioral Health,–Documents/CBH/Member-Handbook-2009-English.pdf


B. Comprehensive Resource Guides

Resource Guide includes sections on behavioral health services, benefits, health insurance, legal issues, schooling, employment, volunteering, housing, transportation, social opportunities and support groups for Delaware, Chester and Montgomery counties (

Network of Care websites provide information on a variety of services for people with mental illness, including Medicaid and Medicare providers. (See also listings of Medicaid and Medicare providers in the final section.)

–        Bucks

–        Chester

–        Delaware

–        Montgomery

–        Philadelphia

2-1-1 SEPA online provides information on health and human service programs to find resources like food pantries, emergency shelters, transportation, health clinics, rent or utility assistance, legal help, and more in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties. (


C. Finding a Mental Health Care Provider

Medical Assistance Providers in Pennsylvania, by county, by service

Medicare providers (

– For a referral to a psychiatrist, call 888-35-PSYCH (77924).

– For a referral to a psychologist, call 800-964-2000 and, following the automated instructions and press the number 1.

– For a helpful summary of HIPPA regulations to facilitate communication with a mental health care provider, see