Summer Schedules for Our Support Groups

Our NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group meets weekly on Tuesday evenings in Bryn Mawr. This group will take a break for the summer after the meeting on July 9. Meetings will resume on September 10.  For more information on the location and time of our meetings, please contact Danielle Sulpizio at (484) 880-0660.

Our Parent Peer Support Group meets on Wednesday nights from 6:45-8:15 p.m. in Wayne. After the meeting on June 12, the group will meet only on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays in the summer from 6:15-7:45 p.m. until school resumes in September. For questions or to RSVP, contact Nancy Dever at 610-574-3319 or nancydever@comcast.net.

Our Bryn Mawr Family Member Support Group meets on the first Monday of each month. Summer meetings will be on July 1, August 5 and September 9. Please contact Diane at 610-247-4545 for more information.

Our Havertown NAMI Family Member Support Group meets on the third Tuesday of each month. Summer meetings will be on June 18, July 16 and August 20. For more information, please contact Nora at nora@huntjohnson.org.

Families Creating Communities for Adults with Special Needs Meeting

Families Creating Communities for Adults with Special Needs (Families CCAN) will have a resource meeting on Monday, June 10, from 6:45 – 8:45 p.m. at Lovett Memorial Library (6945 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19119). The topic will be “Planning for the Future: Building Networks for Friendship, Decision-Making & a Secure Future for your family member with a disability”. This will be a workshop on personal support networks presented by Mara Dorff, Program Director, Families CCAN and Amy McCann, Director, Carousel Connections. There event will include a presentation, Q & A, networking and refreshments. All are welcome and there’s no need to RSVP. 

Families Creating Communities for Adults with Special Needs (Families CCAN) is a nonprofit founded and led by parents and family members of adults with disabilities. Families CCAN assists families in developing innovative models of housing, employment and volunteer activities for their family members. Through education, access to expertise and resources, networking, advocacy, and partnerships with agencies and other organizations, we aim to create caring communities for adults with disabilities in the 5-county Philadelphia area. Click here for more info.

Hearing Voices: A Conversation

Hearing Voices: A Conversation will be on Wednesday, June 12, from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Willow Grove Giant on the 2nd Floor (315 York Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090). Creating Increased Connections will be presenting a presentation on the Hearing Voices Network and the experience of hearing, seeing and experiencing things other people do not. It is a great way to learn about the experience and the movement. We will discuss how the experience is different for everyone and cannot be categorized. Is a diagnosis such as schizophrenia or bipolar a disease or a set of experiences with no known cause? Can people that have such experiences still live a life of meaning and purpose? If medication only relieves the voices for approximately 30% of voices hearers than what can the other 70% do? If these questions pique your interest, then let’s have a conversation about voices! For more information, please contact NAMI Montgomery County PA at office@namimontcopa.org.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email